Make a distinctive contribution to qualitative and outstanding academic advancement along with adapting most recent science and knowledge. In addition to increasing higher education opportunities for the young generation at both graduate and post graduate studies, trying to end brain immigration and working hard on involving graduates to Local and Arab labor markets.
Consolidate links between the university and the society by developing the students' skills in building up their character personality, securing job opportunities of the graduates and keeping a regular follow up with their performance after their appointment.
1. Preparing qualified and specialized human frameworks in the fields of up-to-date knowledge.
2. Developing leading-edge scientific research and dissemination of knowledge to be invested at serving both public and private sector institutions.
3. Contribute to the development of society.
4. Expand cooperation with Arab and international universities to exchange expertise and experiences.
5. Support creativity and scientific innovation.
6. Qualifying graduates and enabling them to enroll postgraduate studies after completing their undergraduate studies.
Accreditation and degrees awarded:
- Al-Sham Private University is one of the educational institutions supervised by the Ministry of Higher Education in the Syrian Arab Republic. Both of its rules of procedure and curricula are accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education.
- AL Sham Private University grants its graduates a bachelor's degrees in available fields of specialization and which is equal to the degrees granted by the Syrian government universities.
- The certificates and documents granted by the university are certified by the Ministry of Higher Education in Syria. The certificates and documents are recognized locally and internationally. The University applies all the academic accreditation rules issued by Decree No. 31 dated 21/11/2007 to the Ministry of Higher Education and its amendments, making all its official and academic documents accredited locally and internationally.
Faculties of the University established by Legislative Decree No. 97 / dated 28/7/2011:
1. Faculty of Medicine
2. Faculty of Dentistry
3. Faculty of Pharmacy
4. Faculty of Engineering (all of its terms of reference).
5. Faculty of Agriculture
6. Faculty of Arts and Humanities.
7. Faculty of Law.
8. Faculty of International Relations and Diplomacy.
9. Faculty of Education.
10. Faculty of Administrative Sciences.
11. Faculty of Tourism.
12. Faculty of Economics
The University is planning to establish other faculties:
- Faculty of fine Art.
- Faculty of Nursing.
- Faculty of Health Sciences.
- Faculty of Information.
Faculties established until now:
- Faculty of Dentistry , Mazraa' Damascus, Syria.
- Faculty of Administrative science, Faculty of Law - Baramkeh, Damascus, Syria.
- Faculties Damascus Countryside "Rif Dimashq": Faculty of Pharmacy - Medicine Information Technology - International Relation and Deplomacy.
Faculties Lattakia City (opened today)
Faculty of Dentistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Administrative science.
- The University adopts credit hours system, which is the most widely spread system at American, European and international universities. As it is the most flexible system that observes individual differences among students so that the student is free to choose the courses he wishes to study in each semester required in any discipline. The student registers 12 to 18 credit hours each semester. Distinguished students can shorten the duration of the study to graduate within a period of less than the period specified for graduation, according to their personal abilities and the rules governing the university.
- The credit hour is a weekly theoretical hour or an equivalent to a number of practical hours for a specific course over a whole semester. In the academic year there are three semesters:
- Fall: (1st Term) mandatory: 16 to 19 weeks, including examination period.
- Spring: (2nd term) mandatory: 16 to 19 weeks, including the examination period.
- Summer: Optional: 8 weeks, including the exam period.
Al-Sham Private University offers its students a range of distinguished services such as:
- Educational, social and academic supervision.
- Primary health care
- Help in securing student housing.
- University libraries and reading centers.
- Health insurance and accident insurance.
- University canteen: offering healthy meals and beverages.
- Gardens, parks and green spaces that provide a healthy environment for student comfort at university campus.
Information Resources Centers:
The Center meets all needs of students and faculties staff members for the Internet services, reference books and vital information that cover all topics included in the university curricula in a timely manner. As it also provides the main references needed by students including:
- Hammurabi Legal Encyclopedia.
- Sources of modern electronic information in the field of specialization.
- Modern medical books and encyclopedias.
- Methodology and reference books that contribute to the enrichment of students' knowledge at their discipline.
- General and specialized periodicals.
- Dictionaries and scientific references and encyclopedias.
- Computers and Internet services.
The University provides students with medical clinics equipped with qualified nursing staff and emergency medicines to serve the students. A pharmacy is available that provides free necessary medicines for students and workers, and comprehensive health insurance (100% coverage).
Social and Academic Functions:
The university provides all kinds of services and aids to carry out various student functions. There's a large theater where students and academic functions can be held, and this theater is equipped with all kinds of techniques such as lighting, sound, screen projector…, enabling students to carry out their academic and social functions well.
The University provides internet and information technology services to its students for educational and academic research purposes, providing access to latest information in their fields of study, at international universities, by participating in the databases of all disciplines.